HP Pavilion 15 black screen upon powering up [Solved]

Ask a question Anttarus 3Posts Saturday April 1, 2017Registration date April 1, 2017 Last seen - Last answered on Apr 1, 2017 at 04:26 PM by Ambucias
Hello. So the story is the following. My keyboard was damaged and I took my laptop to a service. The keyboard was replaced succesfully but some keys were were too much inside. So I removed the backend of my laptop and noticed that my (internal unremovable) battery was in a wrong position. I took the screws out, placed thr battery in the right place, put the screws back on. Now the keyboard was looking good, keys weren't sunk in anymore. But when I pressed the power up button, I only got a black screen. Nothing pops up, not even the logo of the computer or the button menu. I can hear the fans running and the power button light is on, but I get no response whatsoever from the screen. Does anyone have any idea what happened?

See more 
Helpful
+0
plus moins
I have no idea of what happened, but to troubleshoot the issue, try an external monitor and see if you get a display.
Anttarus 3Posts Saturday April 1, 2017Registration date April 1, 2017 Last seen - Apr 1, 2017 at 06:28 AM
Yea, I'll do that today, as soon as i get an HDMi cable on my hands. But I don't think the video chipset it's at fault cause after the black screen incident happened, I opened the backend of the laptop again and I accidently touched a fan and when I pressed the power button, a message appeared on the screen saying "the system can't boot because one of the fans are not working properly". Then I took my hand away from the fan and the message dissapered and the screen went black again.
Leave a comment
Helpful
+0
plus moins
I tried connecting it with a hdmi cable to a tv and looks like the video card it's fine, it displays right on the tv. Could it be that the guy I went to replace my keyboard to didn't connect all the cables right? He did a poor job with the keyboard too.
Ambucias 42774Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus July 24, 2017 Last seen - Apr 1, 2017 at 04:26 PM
You are correct...back to the repair shop.

Cheers
Leave a comment

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?