MY DELL INSPIRON 9400 WON'T BIOS

Closed
MIMIMAYFIELD Posts 1 Registration date Saturday April 1, 2017 Status Member Last seen April 1, 2017 - Apr 1, 2017 at 09:47 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Apr 2, 2017 at 05:07 AM
Hello-

One day, my Dell was working perfectly fine...The next, it gave me the BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH! I was devastated...So I took it to Best Buy, and all of the GEEK SQUAD pretty much told me to just buy a new one...However, EVERYTHING is on this laptop and I want to at least TRY to save it...One agent did, however, suggest that I change the memory sticks...
So I ordered the memory sticks...I installed them, and I got a screen about Windows not starting correctly, and asking if I wanted to startup in SAFE MODE or NORMALLY...So I clicked NORMALLY...It gave me the Windows screen, which I haven't seen in a LONG TIME...Then, IT WENT DEAD AGAIN...Now, I can't even get the Windows screen...Let me explain what IS happening:

1. The fan is running for all of 2 minutes, then it cuts off when the screen goes black.
2. I can hear the startup noises, but it won't let me hit F8 and try to start it in any other mode.

I tried the TAKE THE BATTERY OUT AND DRAIN THE POWER AND RESTART IT WITH AN ADAPTER...DID.NOT.WORK. I really love this pc and I feel like Sarah Jessica Parker on Sex and the City when her laptop went dead...Can anyone PLEASE help me with this issue? Thanks!

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Apr 2, 2017 at 05:07 AM
Hello Mimi

I suggest that you try to restore to factory settings but all of your data will be lost, again if it's a hardware issue, it may not work.

Best Buy geek squads are not the most competent and experienced. Try another repair shop.