Can't run. .exe files

Ask a question lorelei329 2Posts Monday April 3, 2017Registration date April 3, 2017 Last seen - Last answered on Apr 4, 2017 at 04:27 AM by Ambucias
Can't execute. Exe files. All the resolutions that I found on the internet are expecting me to do a download and execute something but it doesn't make sense if I can't run a exe file what good is the resolution!?
Helpful
+0
plus moins
We are missing some information here and we can't guess.

Is this for all of your programmes or one in particular ?

When you try to run the .exe do you get an error message? What does it say?

What is the make and model of your computer?

What is your operating system?

What is your antivirus software ? Is your antivirus running ?

Do you have access to internet?

P.S. Please, bare in mind that CCM is a mutual aid community, all answers on the forum are provided by volunteers who give their time free to help solve issues.

Hence we request that CCM forum users show mutual respect. Therefore, when asking for assistance, please be courteous, as for elsewhere in similar circumstances in every day society when asking for help. (Usually, how would someone ask for help? i.e. please, thank you, appreciate, grateful, etc.)

Being courteous will also increase your chances of getting the help you need.
lorelei329 2Posts Monday April 3, 2017Registration date April 3, 2017 Last seen - Apr 3, 2017 at 07:15 PM
Sorry for all the missing info that you need I'm just really frustrated I am working on an Acer 5733Z running Windows 7 64 bit. The handful of .Exe files  that I ttempt I get the usual message at the bottom of the page in good /yellow making sure that I want to do action and it says run, save, or cancel. when I select run it does nothing (no error messages and no 'thinking'.  if I try to retry it's​, I try a 'save as'  and I rename just adding a 1 -  it than downloads, passes security scan. When complete, I again next and a message appears saying file doesn't exist or path is invalid : which neither is true. I do have internet.

I am terrified to turn off my computer as I'm afraid it's not going to boot boot up again.

PS - ninety-nine .9% of the other forums have suggested that I change my registry and I'm afraid to do that but also as I just kind of walking thru their steps what I'm seeing is not what they're telling me to do if that helps any.

Hope I have filled in some of the initial missing information​.

Thanks,

Sent from my Sprint Phone.
Leave a comment
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Hi

exe files must be started from the the start button. The programme must be installed before it can be run.

Do not try to temper with your registry for this issue, it would be risky. Do not try the save as for exe files.

Give me two examples of exe files (name of programme) you are trying to run.

Catch you later
Leave a comment

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?