Dell Inspiron 15 will not power up...no video, no fan,

Closed
MikeK2 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday April 5, 2017 Status Member Last seen April 5, 2017 - Apr 5, 2017 at 08:01 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Apr 5, 2017 at 04:47 PM
I was using laptop on battery for about an hours, closed it up and put it back on power supply. The wife went to use it later and could not get it to power up. I tried, had same problem. Unplugged power supply, removed battery, held down power button 10 seconds....repeatedly. Nothing except a little blue indicator light on the front of the PC and one very faint sound when power button pressed. Let it sit overnight with power and battery disconnected. Tried again this morning, only the blue light and the fain sound.

While under warranty, Dell replaced the motherboard TWICE. then it gave a series of loud beeps as a code.

Any suggestions, other than not buying a Dell computer.
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Apr 5, 2017 at 04:47 PM
Hi

Personally, I would never buy from Dell.

Now, having said that to spite you, can you describe the beeps, long, short, pause, how many of each and the sequence that you are getting ?

Can you hear the fan run ?