Connected no internet can't browse

Closed
HighWeirdness Posts 2 Registration date Thursday April 6, 2017 Status Member Last seen April 11, 2017 - Updated on Apr 7, 2017 at 05:20 AM
HighWeirdness Posts 2 Registration date Thursday April 6, 2017 Status Member Last seen April 11, 2017 - Apr 11, 2017 at 08:03 PM
Hello,

I just got a computer from 4 years ago fixed up. OS Windows 7. Lenovo. I've been trying to figure this out all week. I spent enough getting it fixed up and really don't have the sanity or money for more tech work. Anyway, all of my other devices work. On that laptop, it says I'm connected but my browsers won't load/no internet connection. I've tried every CMD prompt there is. config/reconfig/flush/reset/renew blah etc.. I go to my settings and the update and rollback drivers are greyed out. I also get an error that says "DNS server may be unavailable.". I even hooked the ethernet cable directly up to it and still nothing. Someone suggested that I change the channel on my router, but I think it's more than that. Is there anything else I can do or is it looking like another trip to the repair shop again? Oh, btw. Speaking of which. It actually did manage to connect there which is even more confusing.

2 responses

It sounds like your IP is set to manual. Set your adapter to DHCP and reboot. BTW the channel has nothing to do with it.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible! -Walter Elias Disney
HighWeirdness Posts 2 Registration date Thursday April 6, 2017 Status Member Last seen April 11, 2017
Apr 11, 2017 at 08:03 PM
Didn't think so either. I had to get an external USB adapter though. Works fine. Thanks for the reply. - :)