Flash drive funny characters and folder will not DELETE

Closed
jarrettwintertech Posts 2 Registration date Thursday April 13, 2017 Status Member Last seen April 13, 2017 - Apr 13, 2017 at 04:43 PM
jarrettwintertech Posts 2 Registration date Thursday April 13, 2017 Status Member Last seen April 13, 2017 - Apr 13, 2017 at 09:25 PM
Hello,

I was working on a flash drive for a coworker and a few weird things came up. First one is somehow a new folder is on the drive called new folder and it cannot be deleted. The user did not put this folder there. Inside the folder are other folders with names that basically look like wen you open a corrupted word document. the extremely weird thing is this flash has 8GB of storage still have over 7GB free but this new folder HAS OVER 43 GB in it when I check its properties. I have done virus scans it shows up not virus and it isnt the shortcut virus or anything. Has any one else out there ever experienced this and can you tell me how this happened? Thank you

Related:

2 responses

Helper.NeedHelp Posts 253 Registration date Saturday July 23, 2016 Status Member Last seen August 22, 2022 5
Apr 13, 2017 at 08:17 PM
You can reformat the drive after you copy your folders and files you made to fix it. And this sounds like when you unplug an USB without ejecting it safely and I corrupt thing pops up.