Flash drive funny characters and folder will not DELETE

Ask a question jarrettwintertech 2Posts Thursday April 13, 2017Registration date April 13, 2017 Last seen - Last answered on Apr 13, 2017 at 09:25 PM by jarrettwintertech
Hello,

I was working on a flash drive for a coworker and a few weird things came up. First one is somehow a new folder is on the drive called new folder and it cannot be deleted. The user did not put this folder there. Inside the folder are other folders with names that basically look like wen you open a corrupted word document. the extremely weird thing is this flash has 8GB of storage still have over 7GB free but this new folder HAS OVER 43 GB in it when I check its properties. I have done virus scans it shows up not virus and it isnt the shortcut virus or anything. Has any one else out there ever experienced this and can you tell me how this happened? Thank you

Helpful
+0
plus moins
You can reformat the drive after you copy your folders and files you made to fix it. And this sounds like when you unplug an USB without ejecting it safely and I corrupt thing pops up.
Leave a comment
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Thank you I Kno that method but the techie in me is just curious if anyone knows about why these things are happening because I have never seen this problem
Leave a comment

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?