Lenovo Laptop will only type numbers (6 and 4)

Maxx Anderson - Apr 17, 2017 at 01:21 AM - Latest reply:  lenovo customer care
- Nov 13, 2017 at 07:16 AM
Hello,
My Lenovo laptop will ONLY type 6's and 4's when I press letters on the keyboard. I've tried pressing the FN key with the NUM lock key to no avail.

See more 

4 replies

Reply to this topic
xpcman 18418 Posts Wednesday October 8, 2008Registration dateModeratorStatus January 23, 2018 Last seen - Apr 17, 2017 at 02:21 PM
Helpful
Can you test using an external USB keyboard? It's possible the internal keyboard has failed and needs to be replaced.
Respond to xpcman
Maxx Anderson - Apr 17, 2017 at 06:08 PM
Helpful
Thanks for the suggestion. I HAVE tried the external USB keyboard and that keyboard DOES work, but it only works in ONE of the three USB ports on the Lenovo Edge 2-158 laptop which happens to be the USB port that the wireless mouse's fob is inserted in. I've since found that besides the entire keyboard only typing mostly 6's and sometimes 4's when you press ANY key that 1) the touch pad is inoperative, 2) only one of the three USB ports works, 3) when the laptop is unplugged / plugged in, it does NOT correctly display in the right corner of the task bar the battery power remaining or correct volume and 4) even after you've shutdown / powered off the laptop, the little light on the right side of the laptop still flashes as though the laptop is STILL on. This ALL just occurred on Sun 16 Apr 17 for the first time. This seems to be bigger than just the internal keyboard failing unless I have NO idea what I'm talking about.
Respond to Maxx Anderson
Helpful
I had the same problem--a lot of problems cropped up simultaneously. (Only "6"s when typing, no speakers, fan constantly runs on high, power light constantly flashes, system thinks battery is at full power when it isn't).

The solution was to unplug the battery from the motherboard, wait a few minutes, and plug it back in. Got the idea here: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Edge-2-1580-keyboard-will-only-type-a-6/td-p/2246102/page/2
Respond to Bird
lenovo customer care - Nov 13, 2017 at 07:16 AM
Helpful
I have a Lenovo laptop, its work superb and if any type of issues is related I directly contact Lenovo customer care site. company policy is too good. I am happy with it. <a href=”https://lenovosupport.org/”>lenovo tech support</a>
Respond to lenovo customer care