My Toshiba Satellite laptop isn't working

Closed
Youngsterjulia - Apr 17, 2017 at 01:00 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Apr 17, 2017 at 08:19 PM
Hello, I have a concern about my Toshiba Satellite laptop. It's a very old laptop, however there are importan photos and such on it that I need. The exact type of laptop is Toshiba Satellite L655D-S5050. I got it to turn on- the lights show the cable is working, the battery is working, and that it is on- plus the fan is working and not overheated whatsoever. The screen, however, stays black, and when I tried using an external monitor (Samsung Syncmaster151v) that had been proven to work on my other laptop, the monitor's LED shows the computer to be on sleep mode. I've removed and put back the battery 5 times, power reset the laptop even more, and tried most of the FN buttons. Thank you!
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Apr 17, 2017 at 08:19 PM
perhaps the old hard drive is still usable. You can purchase a USB adapter that will allow you to use the drive as an external drive. I suggest you take the drive with you when you purchase the adapter. Since there are two different drive types.

Good Luck