How i format my pen drive which is write protected

Closed
sahil ali - Apr 19, 2017 at 01:53 PM
Promomilia Posts 68 Registration date Monday February 6, 2017 Status Contributor Last seen May 19, 2017 - Apr 21, 2017 at 12:31 AM
Hello,

I am sahil i wan to know how i format my pen drive which is write protected.In my pan drive there are virus. So please help me to shot out this problem.

Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Apr 19, 2017 at 04:41 PM
Click start
then run regedit
go to this directory

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Currentcontrolset\control\

if you can't find StorageDevicePolicies under control folder then make some new one. Follow this steps:
step 1: go to this directory

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Currentcontrolset\control\

again and right click control folder
step 2: select new, then click key and rename the new key #1 folder into StorageDevicePolicies
step 3: right click StorageDevicePolicies folder and select new DWORD(32-bit) Value for 32-bit Operating System and select new DWORD(64-bit) Value for 64-bit Operating System
step 4: rename dword newer folder into WriteProtect, then double click WriteProtect and change the value data into 0 with hexadecimal base, Then close regedit
step 5: open my computer and refresh it 5 times without do anything to your usb, and properly eject your flash drive
step 6: plug in your usb again into your computer and format it using exfat instead of fat32

Now, you can use your flash drive again.
Promomilia Posts 68 Registration date Monday February 6, 2017 Status Contributor Last seen May 19, 2017 12
Apr 21, 2017 at 12:31 AM
Here are some ways to format pen drive which is write protected :

Step 1. ​Connect your USB flash drive or pen drive to PC, launch EaseUS partition tool. Select and right-click the device you want to format and choose "Format partition" by right clicking the mouse.

Step 2. Configurate the label you want in the Partition Label box.

Step 3. Select the file system type to be created from the "File System" drop-down list. (FAT/FAT32, NTFS, EXT2/EXT3). If the USB drive is larger than 4GB, you can only choose FAT32, NTFS or EXT2/EXT3; and if the partition is smaller than 4GB, you can choose FAT, FAT32, NTFS or EXT2/EXT3.

Step 4. Choose the Cluster Size (512 bytes, 1, 2, 4...64KB) from drop-down list and click "OK" to apply the format operation.

Step 5. Click "Apply" to confirm to format the write-protected USB flash drive or pen drive.