No signal on my desktop

Solved/Closed
Harry Cooper - Apr 24, 2017 at 02:42 PM
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 - Apr 24, 2017 at 03:40 PM
hello, I have recently moved my computer in to a different building along with my router and have contacted BT, the Wi-Fi has been set up in the building and is working, because my laptop is working, but my computer is not working. It displays no signal when the fans are working and the monitor seems to work and turn on. I have tried the trick where you unplug the power cord and press down on the on switch for 1/2 min-a min, and have unplugged all the parts of the computers and plugged them in again. I have been trying to solve the issue for the past couple of hours and it would be nice if one of you kind people could help me fix the issue. Is the information not been sent to the computer or what?
Related:

1 response

BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
Updated on Apr 24, 2017 at 03:26 PM
Hi Harry,

Occationally there are 2 or more graphics card sockets on a machine. If this is the case with your machine try using another graphics output socket (the one that goes from your monitor to your PC.

It might be worth checking if the cable is both plugged in at both ends, and not damaged.

Good luck.

I really appreciate thank you messages as a payment for solving issues   :o)
hello Brian, I have seen that there are two sockets connecting, my monitor to the CPU, and I have already tried putting the cable in both of them, still it does not seem to turn on but I will look in to your solution, thank you for responding :) much appreciated
actually yeah it worked, tried in the other socket again and it turned on thx sooo much brian
+1 for helpfullness
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
Apr 24, 2017 at 03:40 PM
Glad it worked. Thanks for the feedback.