Older Sony TV Incompatible w/ PS3

Ask a question dv2784 1Posts Wednesday April 26, 2017Registration date April 26, 2017 Last seen
Hello all,

I have an older Sony TV, the model is KE-42XS910. It doesn't have an HDMI connector, so I bought an HDMI-to-DVI adapter cable to see if I could make it work, it didn't. I also bought an AV component cable for the PS3, but that didn't work either.

According to the manual, "The DVI-HDTV input terminal is compliant with the EIA-861 standard and is not intended for use with personal computers... Use a DVI-D single link cable." So I sent an email to Sony E-Support asking about the problem, and sure enough, they told me the TV is not compatible with the PS3. I understand the TV is an older model, and the model predates the PS3 by a couple years, but I find it hard to believe that two Sony devices aren't compatible with each other, who would put a restriction on their own devices? Or why isn't there an official workaround to this problem?

So my question is, is it possible at all to circumvent this issue? Is there a device or adapter that I can plug in between to make the PS3 work on this older television? Am I to assume that a lot of people were assed out when the PS3 was released and had to buy a newer model television because this one wouldn't work with it?
See more 

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?