How to remove a virus from SD-card on Mac?

Ask a question Derek1988 1Posts Saturday April 29, 2017Registration date April 29, 2017 Last seen
Hello,

I have a problem with an SD-card that has 6GB of videos on it. I can view the videos when the SD-card is in the camcorder that recorded them, but when I plug it into a computer (any computer, I've tried several), I can't see any of the files.

I am pretty sure the card is infected with a virus, because the problem originated after the card was plugged into a public computer in an internet cafe while I was traveling.

This is what I've done to solve the problem so far:
- I've tried running different anti-virus/malware software on it, didn't work
- I've tried making hidden files visible again, didn't work either
- I've tried downloading recovery software, which allows me to view the files, but I'd rather not pay X amount of money to recover my files if there's a better solution
- I've tried moving the files from the SD-card to the internal memory of the camcorder, but it doesn't allow me to do that either because it says it can't find the target files..
- I've tried auto-uploading them with Dropbox, which worked for pictures on another infected SD-card, but not for the videos on this one..

I have found solutions for this online but they're all for Windows, and I am on Mac.. Does anyone have a solution for this that works on Mac?

I am really hopeless here , this problem has been bothering me for 3 years now. I'd rather not format the SD-card because I don't want to lose my videos from a 14-month around the world trip.. Please help. Thanks so much.

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?