Display problem

Closed
Newfiebro Posts 2 Registration date Monday May 1, 2017 Status Member Last seen May 1, 2017 - May 1, 2017 at 09:16 PM
Newfiebro Posts 2 Registration date Monday May 1, 2017 Status Member Last seen May 1, 2017 - May 1, 2017 at 09:45 PM
I have 2 NVIDIA 9800 GTX+ cards installed. Have been running 3 monitors with the main 23" unit on "top" card and the other two connected to the "lower" card. Today I added a fourth monitor which is connected to the "top" card and is working fine but now I am unable to get any display on the other 2 monitors. The lower card works fine as I am able to get a display on the "new" monitor when connected to either port on this card. Mu system consists of the following:
Windows 10 Pro
Processor Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
Ram 8GB
System type > 64 bit OS, x64-based processor

Have had this problem (no display) occasionally in the pass but resolved it by either disconnecting the monitor(s) power source and/or by restarting the computer. None of these methods have worked today. Contacted NVIDIA chat line but was unable to resolve problem.

Any information someone may have to offer will be greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance.

1 response

Newfiebro Posts 2 Registration date Monday May 1, 2017 Status Member Last seen May 1, 2017
May 1, 2017 at 09:45 PM
OK , just reset everything back to the way it was earlier today and I now have display on all 3 monitors with the newly added unit disconnected. It appears that the NVIDIA cards will handle 3 but not 4 monitors even though there are 4 connections available and they all work. ?? Will contact NVIDIA with this new information. Another problem is that I am unable to open the NVIDIA control panel either by right clicking on the desktop and/or via the "open command" on the icon located in the computer control panel. Ant ideas anyone ?? Thanks