VBA to find specific text and cut and past into new worksheet.

Closed
DonalK - May 16, 2017 at 08:57 AM
TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 - May 22, 2017 at 12:04 PM
Hello,

I am struggling to find anything to help me with my VBA code that I am currently trying to write. I need it to find specific text (Technical date of entry) in column A , once it finds this text I need it to either cut that cell plus the next 2 or 3 cells below it depending on what is in the cell directly below it.

So if it is a number below Technical date of entry) I need it to cut that cell plus the 3 below it.

If it is a date in the cell below technical date of entry I need it to cut that cell plus the 2 below it.

and paste into the next sheet (Sheet1)

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

2 responses

TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
May 16, 2017 at 11:49 AM
Hi DonalK,

I'm a little confused how many cells you want to cut.

First you say cut the cell with specific text and 2 or 3 cells below.

Then you say look at the cell below specific text and copy that cell (so the one below the specific text) and 2 or 3 cells below. That would mean; don't cut the specific text.

I went with the first one.

Give this code a try:
Sub RunMe()
Dim mFind As Range

Set mFind = Columns("A").Find("Technical date of entry")

If mFind Is Nothing Then
    MsgBox "There is no cell found with the text 'Technical date of " _
    & "entry' in column A of the active sheet."
    Exit Sub
End If

If IsDate(mFind.Offset(1, 0)) = True Then
    Range(mFind, Cells(mFind.Row + 2, "A")).Cut
    Sheets("Sheet1").Select
    Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Select
    ActiveSheet.Paste
ElseIf WorksheetFunction.IsNumber(mFind.Offset(1, 0)) = True Then
    Range(mFind, Cells(mFind.Row + 3, "A")).Cut
    Sheets("Sheet1").Select
    Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Select
    ActiveSheet.Paste
End If

End Sub

Best regards,
Trowa
Hi Trowa ,

Thanks for coming back to me, I have a spread sheet that includes entries like the below, ideally I would like a code to find Technical entry date, if the line below Is a number it would cut row the tech entry row and the next 3 rows below and paste into the next sheet, it the line below the tech entry date is a date I need it to cut the tech entry date and the 2 lines below and paste into the next sheet, I also need this to loop through so that they are all removed from sheet 1 and pasted into sheet 2. Hope that makes sense.

Thank you,

Technical entry date
0011111 Ms Joe Blogs
11/2016 ( 01.11.2016 - 30.11.2016 )
IENDD
Technical entry date
12/2016 ( 01.12.2016 - 31.12.2016 )
IENDD