Graphic card problem computer won't start

Solved/Closed
vovoomz - May 20, 2009 at 06:08 PM
 odmdeath - Oct 25, 2009 at 10:44 AM
Hello, Im not really that good with computers and i need help, a couple months ago my 6 year old HP comp would have these random shut downs while playing games. And then one morning my computer would not boot up, there was no signal from the monitor, keyboard and mouse would get no power, so i removed my 8600 GTS Geforce graphic card and allowed my comp to run on the onboard one and the computer was running fine...

i then turned to the power supply, my card needed minimum 300 watt i didnt meet the it so i went out and bought a 450 watt power supply, but the computer STILL wouldnt boot up with my card :( so i took it out again and ran it on the onboard one. what confuses me is... well a few days ago, my computer would not boot up with the onboard one, the monitor/keyboard/mouse getting no power. It only boots up 1/50 tries, but ive come to the point where no... it wont anymore

i tested my 8600 card in another computer, and it worked fine, i also did the eraser trick on the ram sticks, and tried to find a faulty one, no luck that wasnt the problem, i tried alot of those power up tricks such as hold the button down plug it in still no luck. I dont think its my power supply since both cards dont work and ive checked that its connected. Is it my motherboard? my processor? please help!
Related:

4 responses

the_rad58 Posts 5 Registration date Wednesday September 30, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2009 11
Oct 1, 2009 at 04:14 PM
Hey,

I see your problem was solved, I have the exact same problem on my 2 year old computer. Can you tell me how you fixed it?
sounds stupid but have you tryed turning the monitor off after you start up you computer?? i was ablw to get into my vista that way. i think the problem is eith power, video card or video card slot on motherboard
King_Kong Posts 89 Registration date Wednesday May 20, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 28, 2010 16
May 21, 2009 at 04:22 PM
It might be your pci-e slot. If you have another pci-e card, try it in that computer. And if that is the case, then you need a new motherboard.
D@m have almost the same situation...

Bought an other card still don't boot :/
pro-genius Posts 185 Registration date Tuesday November 18, 2008 Status Member Last seen January 29, 2010 68
May 21, 2009 at 04:56 PM
Yup, and dude it's a 6 years old, let it rest in peace and buy another one.