I can't download flash player on my mac

Solved/Closed
laura - May 20, 2009 at 06:38 PM
 saby Bhalla - Aug 28, 2014 at 04:10 AM
Hey,
i have been trying to download flash player now for about a week,
it goes fine till it starts to download then a pop up comes up saying I need to close safari, but there is no safari window open :S
what shall I do please??
x x x x
Related:

4 responses

Hey I had the same problem and tracked down a solution. Maybe not all these steps are necessary, but this got the job done for me:
First close all of the Browsers in your Dock by holding down the mouse on the icon and then clicking quit.
Then click Command-Space Bar to show the Spotlight field.
Type the words Activity Monitor in the Spotlight field.
A window will appear showing you all of the activities running on your computer.
Try to click on Dashboard Client (in the Process Name column), and then click the stop sign image that says Quit Process.
Somehow that didn't work for me, though, so then I clicked on Dock (in the Process Name column) and then I clicked the Quit Process stop sign, and it successfully quit the Dashboard Client (which is part of the Dock I think).
Then click again on the Install Flash Player icon on your desktop. It should work after a try or two (it almost worked for me, then said there was an error, but I clicked on the Install Flash Player icon yet again and it finally installed properly, and I can use Flash Player now). Good luck!
Thank you so much!! I had to quit "dock" as well... but I finally can use my flash player again!!
dennybird > k
Feb 15, 2010 at 12:58 AM
I spent all day trying to install flash, did everything right, the installer said it was installed but it didn't work!!! I repeated this "uninstall >install" bit a couple of dozen times - no go - until I quit Safari in browser - You saved my life, k, a thousand blessings!
Thank you so much you saved me so much time!
thank you soooooooo much!
Thank you very much ,love you so much ahah !!
robertjason91 Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday July 9, 2014 Status Member Last seen July 24, 2014 1
Jul 16, 2014 at 05:27 AM
Hi,
First, you can Quit safari by <COMMAND> + <OPTION> + <ESC>

then select the safari and click on Quit option.

Second, it may be a virus, spam because now a days hackers use these type of application like flash player to access your PC so don't click . get some good antivirus for your system. for more help www.machealthcheck.com .
In the toolbar at the top of the screen, select "Safari", then click "quit safari" option at the bottom to ensure it is closed.
wertt Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday April 14, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 14, 2010
Apr 14, 2010 at 03:24 AM
Hi, guys,i want to recommend a stunning DVD Ripper for Mac to you now. WinX DVD ripper for Mac can rip DVD movies on Mac OS to iTunes, MOV, MP4, FLV, etc that playable on iPad, iPod, iPhone, Apple-TV, PSP and much more. With this tool, you can enjoy your movie on your Mac computer. Hope this information can help you.