Problem installing xp in acer aspire 4930

Solved/Closed
sid - May 21, 2009 at 04:09 AM
 armada - Aug 16, 2011 at 07:36 PM
Hello,
i have acer aspire 4930. i got vista ultimate installed on my laptop and now it is creating many problems for me. So i decided to format it and install xp. But whenever i boot frm the installation xp disc, first it starts saying that it id loading drivers and the moment it starts asking about the partitional info , a blue screen occurs and says that windows has detected a problem and is shut down to prevent damage.
I'm jst able to format my pc through vista bootable disc and install only vista in it.
plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help!!!!
i need to install xp in it at any cost!!!!
Related:

7 responses

simply go to BIOS then change sata mode from AHCI to IDE...

Afterwhich, bootup with your win xp installation disc
bt plz tell how to go to BIOS?
I have an aspire 4736.... had the same problem as described above.. your suggestion on changing the SATA mode to IDE... worked... i was able to install the winxp pro os. thank you so much.....
FedeArgentina
Aug 15, 2009 at 03:42 PM
Thank U very much!!!! Im from Argentina and you herlp mre so much!!! Thank U again!!
Hi, i have bought acer extenesa 4630 with preinstalled Linpus Linux. And while i am trying to do format with XP CD i got same problem of blue screen saying your computer will be damaged so shutdown. Then i searched about it over net and i found this help. And finally changing the setting in BIOS for SATA mode, i have been able to install XP on my laptop. I was then so happy, since my other friends were saying you have to buy Vista and then only i can format. But i have done with XP. Thanks for this help.

Thanking you
Braham Dev Yadav
Tanki sinwari, Biratnagar, Nepal
"Simply go to BIOS then change sata mode from AHCI to IDE...

Afterwhich, bootup with your win xp installation disc"

OUTSTANDING!!!! THANK YOU!!!!

I was about to toss a brand new Acer laptop into the garbage...I hate Vista!!!
gointab45 Posts 5 Registration date Tuesday March 31, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 5, 2009 4
May 21, 2009 at 06:29 AM
hi,
try this link to get help:
http://ccm.net/faq/sujet 2667 advises moving from vista to xp
I tried on Aspire 4720Z to overwrite VISTA Ultima with XP. Changing the SATA Mode in BIOS From AHCI to IDE.. has helped to do it. Thanks a ton.
I was thinking to give my laptop to service centre bt u people have saved my money and time thanks a ton to u all

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
THANKS A LOT
Thanks a lot. Sweating for hours to get rid of the Linpus with error messages while trying to install XP until I saw your message. Now formatting is going on ok!
Thank you so much it's helpful