Keyboard doesn't respond after pressing Caps Lock.

Closed
bigbluetruck Posts 2 Registration date Friday May 26, 2017 Status Member Last seen June 8, 2017 - May 26, 2017 at 06:56 AM
bigbluetruck Posts 2 Registration date Friday May 26, 2017 Status Member Last seen June 8, 2017 - Jun 8, 2017 at 07:06 AM
Keyboard works normally until pressing the Caps Lock button. Hitting Caps Lock will make the keyboard unresponsive, you won't be able to type anything after. Can't even open up on-screen keyboard to turn off Caps Lock since it (on-screen keyboard) will hang on startup. Right now, it looks like restarting is the only way to bring back the keyboard.

Really confused what the problem is. And my Google searches aren't pulling up this specific problem.

I should add that ONE key does respond after pressing the Caps Lock key: the Fn or Function key types the number one (1.) Aside from that, nothing else works.

And it looks like opening the on-screen keyboard and turning on Caps Lock on it works normally. No keyboard hangups. No issues with turning on/off Caps Lock.

Problem is when Caps Lock key is actually turned ON using the keyboard. That's when everything stops responding. Even the on-screen keyboard stops responding though it's working beforehand.
Related:

1 response

ross03 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday June 6, 2017 Status Member Last seen June 6, 2017
Updated on Jun 6, 2017 at 09:22 PM
Why don't you try to use other keyboard
bigbluetruck Posts 2 Registration date Friday May 26, 2017 Status Member Last seen June 8, 2017
Jun 8, 2017 at 07:06 AM
That works yeah and I should've mentioned that it's the laptop's built-in keyboard that's glitching. So I'd prefer to find a fix instead of using an external keyboard all the time.