Macro to automatically insert rows

Closed
AaronH080 - Jun 1, 2017 at 01:19 PM
 Blocked Profile - Jun 1, 2017 at 05:02 PM
Hello,

I am building a training worksheet, with 1 main data tab that has all the company names that we work with in column A and their associated data to the right, B->Infinity. I then have 12 additional sheets with specific questions about the information included on the data tab. Company Names in Column A as well.

The number of companies that we work with changes monthly. Instead of going into all 13 tabs (1 Data Tab, 12 Question Tab) and adding/removing lines every month. Is there a macro that I can run monthly that would reference the company names in column A in the Data Sheet and insert the same names/rows in the 12 question sheets?

The names will always be in column A for all sheets.

Example: June we have 6 companies. In July, this number increases to 8 companies(+2 from June). I would like to be able to go into the data tab and insert 2 additional rows for the 2 new companies. Run a macro, and have the"12 Question Sheets" insert the 2 additional rows.

Thank you for your help.

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jun 1, 2017 at 05:02 PM
No, there is no off the shelf macro. If you take a look at here: https://ccm.net/faq/53497-how-to-manipulate-data-in-excel-using-vba you should be able to piece together a viable solution. If you get stuck, let us know. Post some code where you are stuck, and we can help!