Unable to uninstall Personal Antivirus Progra

Solved/Closed
oomi - May 21, 2009 at 09:18 PM
 wolverine114 - Jul 9, 2010 at 07:28 PM
Hello,

It seems that many have been successful at removing the program "Personal Antivirus", I however have not succeeded in such. I've gone to my computers and tried to remove "PAV" however the program will not uninstall, even when I've selected it, right-clicked, uninstall does not show up. What should I do next?
Related:

8 responses

I just found this. Maybe he explains it better than I did:

There is an uninstall but you have to look for it. If you go the route of start-programs-pav-uninstall it does not work. So most just deleted the exe file that made it fun to remove from some of the computers. You can open my computer and got to C:Program Files\Common Files\Uninstal\PAV\Uninstall.exe; and run the uninstall from there. Takes like 3 seconds. That worked great on my computer here because the wife is afraid of it so she just shut it down and left it for me. Out of the 18 that I worked on I only had 10 total that did not delete the exe file the rest I had to fight with.

phupper
thanks soo mutch plupper, i went where u said and BAM!!! it was gone in a flash, but i think u have to click on the uninstall on the start menu first but in not sure though im just glad its gone
thanks so mutch phupper, u saved my computer, all i done was went to the other uninstall place
Thanks phupper got rid after following your advice!!!
Thank you so much, worked beautifully, great work!!!
aquarelle Posts 7140 Registration date Saturday April 7, 2007 Status Moderator Last seen March 25, 2024 491
May 22, 2009 at 12:22 AM
Hi,
Try what is advised here : https://www.avira.com/
Best regards
I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. I searched my system drive for "Personal Antivirus". One of the folders I found had a program in it called "Uninstall". Click click, and Personal Antivirus is gone.

Cheers
Thanks for your help. I found that doing it the way you put was the easiest and I didn't have to download anything.
ChristianSoldier
Aug 7, 2009 at 04:03 AM
I finally got rid of it, but wander how it got in my computer in the first place? Anyway, it's not a program. Had to go into the "C" drive and track it down like a germ. That stuff should be illegal. Very annoying. Windows defender didn't pick it up. Yahoo anti spy picked it up but couldn't quarantine it. My anti virus program didn't spot it either so it's not a virus. Whoever invented it is kinda smart, but I just think that's a poor way to do business. Later & God bless.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
"how it got in my computer in the first place?"

One of the places you can get PAV infection is on Facebook. It pops up as an offer, and no matter what you click "yes" or "no" it installs itself. You'd have to stop it with ctrl+alt+del, or maybe Alt+F4 to not have it install.
PACKER BACKER
Sep 4, 2009 at 01:40 PM
I FOUND OUT HOW TO GET RID OF THIS EXTORTION SCAM-

OPEN MY COMPUTER, CHOOSE DISK C

FIND PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\UNINSTALL\PERSONALAV

RUN THE FILE UNINSTALL.LNK

WE NEED TO SEND THIS TO EVERYONE WHO'S HAS THE DISPLEASURE OF BEING INFECTED WITH THIS EXTORTION VIRUS !!!!

SEND THIS TO EVERYONE !!!
Packer Backer... THANK-YOU ! THANK-YOU ! THANK-YOU! Best Christmas Present Ever!!
Guaranteed to work
Oops! Guaranteed to work...first run your antivirus and antispyware programs...my free copy of Superantispyware picked it up (as 5 separate Trojans}. Restart your computer, click the Start icon (lower left of screen) type in "Restore", cllick restore to an earlier date, go back to a restore point a day or two earlier and let the computer take it from there.

If you don't have Superantispyware or another program that catches it, do the restore first, then download Superantispyware and run the program..
Should have given you the Superantispyware download site.

https://download.cnet.com/SuperAntiSpyware-Free-Edition/3000-8022_4-10523889.html

It's free.and very effective. I also ran Avast {free antivirus} and it didn't pick it up so I guess it's considered malware and not a virus..
i have a toshiba computer and i have 32 viruses and it keeps telling me i need ti get anti virus but i cant aford it so wat do i do to get the 32 viruses off my computer with out getting anti virus
any comments anyone