Automatically populating other sheets based on a certain range

Closed
Boone Treitz - Jun 7, 2017 at 08:28 AM
 Blocked Profile - Jun 9, 2017 at 04:26 PM
Hello,

I'm making an Inventory workbook for a small manufacturing company I am assisting over the summer, and I've run into a problem.
On the first sheet "Inventory" I input information into various columns (i.e. Date, Farmer, Buyer, Location, Produce, Farmer Unit, Farmer Total, Buyer Unit, Buyer Cost, Profit, Payment, Payment Date [In this order]) for all of the companies inventory for that year, on a table that goes from (B3:N3), and on down for every entry. One of the columns in the table is labeled "Farmer" and refers to who the produce was purchased from. There are currently 9 farmers that the company deals with on a regular bases in this workbook.

What I would like to do, is have each individual farmer's sheet automatically populate with data when it's inputted onto the main "Inventory" sheet, and have it based on the Farmers column in the table. So basically, if the sector says "James", I would like for the entire row to be transferred to the sheet "James". And so on for each individual farmer. As the more entires for that specific farmer is inputed into the main "Inventory" sheet, the Farmers sheet inputs that information in the row below the one before.

That way I don't have to copy and paste the hundreds of transactions to individual pages manually.

I also what the main "Inventory" sheet have a autofiltering and a continuous table as entires are inputed.

Any tips or suggestions?

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Jun 7, 2017 at 04:54 PM
Use a Database, not a spreadsheet!
What is a good and free database
Blocked Profile
Jun 9, 2017 at 04:26 PM
Open office is a good suite of business applications.

Take a look:https://www.openoffice.org/