Webcam stops working after 3 seconds from plugging in..

Closed
LaseRain Posts 3 Registration date Thursday June 8, 2017 Status Member Last seen June 11, 2017 - Jun 9, 2017 at 11:06 AM
 Blocked Profile - Jun 13, 2017 at 04:57 PM
I have Creative Live! Cam Sync HD 720p plug-and-play webcam for almost 4 years now and it was working perfectly fine, until one day my computer stopped showing captured by the webcam picture. After 3 days of trying different things and looking for solution, i got nothing. Tried reinstalling drivers, installing old ones so many times (and every action required restart of my PC, so it took a long time..)
But then I noticed, that when i unplug my webcam and plug it in again, the image captured by it IS DISPLAYED for literally 3 seconds. Tried more than 10 times (also on other USB slots) and I always was getting the result of 3 seconds. After that short time, the screen AND THE SOFTWARE that is displaying the image freezes for some time. When software unfreezes, i can use it again, but image is still frozen and when i restart the software or even close it and put it up again, the image is gone.

Can anybody help me with it? Thanks for all the answers :)

Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Jun 13, 2017 at 04:57 PM
Check the date of the last update tht was applied, and try to see if that was the date your webcam started acting like this. Hardware manufacturers have the need to BREAK things, in order to sell more! If you find that the dates are similar, then restore your system to a date that you did not have the problem, and manually update the software, making certain not to apply any updates that pertain to the webcam. Give that a try!
Blocked Profile
Jun 9, 2017 at 07:23 PM
It sounds like your system had an update applied, or you may be running out of storage space. How much space is left on your HDD?
LaseRain Posts 3 Registration date Thursday June 8, 2017 Status Member Last seen June 11, 2017
Jun 10, 2017 at 08:57 AM
free space on C: 81 GB, D: 192GB