Transferring data into a new worksheet when it meets a criteria

Closed
dcree Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday June 13, 2017 Status Member Last seen June 13, 2017 - Updated on Jun 15, 2017 at 05:31 AM
vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 - Jun 14, 2017 at 07:37 AM
I have a worksheet where we track whether a job is late or not. If it is late, one of the cells is "TRUE." I want all the "TRUE" rows to transfer into a new worksheet, with all of the data from that row transferred over. How can I do this?

1 response

vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 259
Jun 14, 2017 at 07:37 AM
Hello Dcree,

Try the following code, placed in the sheet1 module:-

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)

If Target.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub
If Target.Value = vbNullString Then Exit Sub
If Intersect(Target, Columns("D:D")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

If Target.Value = "True" Then
        Target.EntireRow.Copy
        Sheet2.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(3)(2).PasteSpecial xlValues
        Target.EntireRow.Delete
        End If

Sheet2.Columns.AutoFit

Application.CutCopyMode = False
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

The code assumes that the criteria "True" is in Column D of Sheet1(change the Column letter to suit your needs). Each row with the "True" criteria in Column D will be transferred to Sheet 2. The "used" row of data in Sheet 1 will be cleared.

To implement the code:-

- Right click on the Sheet1 tab.
- Select "view code" from the menu that appears.
- In the big white field that then appears, paste the above code.

Every time that you place "True" in any cell in Column D and then click away (or press enter or down arrow) the entire row of relevant data will be transferred to Sheet2. Make sure that "True" is the last entry in a row.

Test the code in a copy of your work book first.

I hope that this helps.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.