when my daughter set up Direction Lock on her Samsung A3 (2016), as required, she set up a Backup PIN. Now, she cannot remember the directions she used and cannot unlock the phone. We have tried various direction lock combinations, and are now at the "wait 16 minutes" stage.
We have not seen any way to use this Backup PIN.
Surely, at some stage, the phone should give the option to use the Backup PIN? Otherwise, what was the point in being required to set one?
If we finally do unlock the phone with the backup pin, how can we disable/replace the direction lock without knowing the pattern?
1. Tap "Apps" and then "Settings".
2. Scroll down until you get to the "Personal" category and tap "Lock Screen".
3. Next tap "Screen Lock". This will allow you to change the methods used.
4. Enter your current password/pin/etc. (depending on what method you have used).
5. Tap "Continue" (if needed/asked).
6. Now change the type of lock setting you wish to use.