Auto-populate info. from master sheet to multiple sheets

Solved/Closed
kvil Posts 11 Registration date Wednesday June 21, 2017 Status Member Last seen July 19, 2017 - Updated on Jun 21, 2017 at 03:23 PM
TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 - Sep 12, 2017 at 10:41 AM
Hi,

I have been working on an excel sheet for the past month and have not found a solution that would do what I need it to do. I'm sure there have been lots of similar questions and I've tried many different ways, but I'm stuck now. So my main goal is to auto-populate my information on my master sheet into multiple sheets based on a sponsor's name. My data are in columns A - Q (project id, project name, sponsor name, etc.) and is put into a table since I need to be able to filter. Is there a way for me to auto-populate my data? Also is there a way to do it where there is a table in the sponsor's sheet as well? I will be adding columns to the end of the sponsor's sheet as well.

Example:
Master sheet has the following listed in a table:
(A B C D..... to Q)

1. Project ID Project Name Bob B. ... etc.
2. Project ID Project Name Billy J. ... etc.
3. Project ID Project Name Annie F. ...etc.
4. Project ID Project Name Bob B. ....etc.

I would like it to be like this in the sponsor's sheet, but in a table as well:

1. Project ID Project Name Bob B.
2. Project ID Project Name Bob B.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Related:

5 responses

TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
Jun 22, 2017 at 11:16 AM
Hi Kvil,

I think you are in need of the following code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
If Intersect(Target, Columns("Q")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
Target.EntireRow.Copy Sheets(Target.Offset(0, -14).Value).Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
End Sub

To implement the code, right-click the master sheets tab and select View Code. Paste the code in the big white field that appears.

What does the code do? Whenever you confirm an entry in column Q of your master sheet, the entire row is copied and pasted to the first available row of the sheet (the sheet needs to exist) specified in column C of your master sheet.

Is that what you were after?

Best regards,
Trowa
kvil Posts 11 Registration date Wednesday June 21, 2017 Status Member Last seen July 19, 2017
Updated on Jun 22, 2017 at 08:45 PM
Hi Trowa,

I pasted the code and did what you said, but it's not giving me anything. I have also saved my file as .xlsm. Any idea on what I might be doing wrong?
kvil Posts 11 Registration date Wednesday June 21, 2017 Status Member Last seen July 19, 2017
Updated on Jun 24, 2017 at 05:22 PM
Hi Trowa,

Please disregard my previous reply. I was able to get it to work. However, when I went to update one of my cells in a row that had previously been entered, it added a duplicate row in the sponsor sheet rather than just overwriting it with the correct changes. Is there a way to do that instead of creating duplicate rows of the same project in the sponsor's sheet?