Unable to click on files on External hard drive

Closed
LCS13 Posts 2 Registration date Thursday June 29, 2017 Status Member Last seen June 29, 2017 - Jun 29, 2017 at 10:12 AM
LCS13 Posts 2 Registration date Thursday June 29, 2017 Status Member Last seen June 29, 2017 - Jun 29, 2017 at 10:18 AM
Hello,

I am trying to access files on a Hitachi 500GB Touro MX3 2.5" USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive. It has been a while (2-3 months) since I used the external hard drive since it only had 20gb of space left on it and I bought another hard drive to replace it. I used it with a Macbook Air but I could also view the files on a PC as well. Since then, my Macbook Air has stopped working and I am trying to view it on a HP laptop.

As I said previously, I haven't used this hard drive in about 2-3 months. When I plugged it into my HP laptop today I got a message saying that it needed to be scanned and repaired. After the scan I got a message saying that no errors were found. However, when I go to click on a file the whole application just shuts down. When I look at the properties of my hard drive all of the memory is still there. I can see the names of the files, I just cannot click on them. No error message is popping up.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening?
Related:

1 response

LCS13 Posts 2 Registration date Thursday June 29, 2017 Status Member Last seen June 29, 2017
Jun 29, 2017 at 10:18 AM
Forgot to mention that I am wanting to access the files on a Windows 10 laptop. The hard drive was formatted so that it could be used on both Mac and Windows.