Free software for notes

Closed
ma001uk Posts 1 Registration date Friday July 7, 2017 Status Member Last seen July 7, 2017 - Jul 7, 2017 at 12:51 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jul 7, 2017 at 06:13 PM
Hi,

I have a number of properties I let out. I have looked for free software to let me keep notes on these properties as various things happen i.e. repairs, gas safety checks etc. These are handwritten in the files at present and difficult for me to trace back and look for items. I want to keep seperate notes for each property ( a separete database I can search). I use agents to let out the properties. The notes should have date stamp. I should be able to do keyword searches.

I have looked at CINTANOTES and similar programs but they do not do what I am looking for. I do not want to keep the notes in word or excel as cumbersome.

Does anybody know of free software available for this.

Many thanks.
Related:

1 response

Get OpenOffice, and start a NEW database.

Create a table named properties with the elements of:
PropID (key)
House
Street
City
Town
Zip

Now create a table called TaskDetails:
TaskId(key)
TaskDescription
TaskStartDate
TaskEndDate
TaskCompleted (y/n)
TaskCost

Now create a table called PropertyWork:
WorkId(key)
PropID
TaskId-this is the ID from the table above

Now, when you have a property, enter it in, and use the PROPID for the key entry into the TaskDetails for the work you perform. Then use the table of PropertyWork to link the task and property. Then you can report from the PropertyWork table, linking in the other tables to get the details.

Or, look into management software like APPFOLIO, I think the cost is like $1 a property. Check it out here:
https://www.appfolio.com/

Have fun!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible! -Walter Elias Disney

<edited for addition of the WorkId as the key of table PropertyWork, for normalcy>

<edited for citation of Normalcy, pronounced "NOR-mal-see," is a state of being normal, usual, or expected. When something returns to a state of normalcy, it is returning to the way that it ought to be. It is another word for normality.>
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Jul 7, 2017 at 06:13 PM
Wow ! Just Wow!