Firefox "performing a TLS handshake to (website)"

Closed
Marc vanko - Updated on Jul 10, 2017 at 05:43 AM
 joe - Apr 12, 2018 at 05:45 PM
Guys so it appears that my laptop suddenly cant access any website from any browser i have (firefox and chrome).

I've had this issue after i visited ventlyfe.com to watch the game of thrones series online with firefox.
When i was trying to buffer, the vid wont play so i was trying to find another website, but it appears that i cant access any website already.

When i tried to open youtube from firefox, it just stucks there with a blank white screen and the bottom left box says "performing a tls handshake to www.youtube.com" and just stays like that until forever.

Then i tried using chrome and i still cant access any website and it says "this site can't be reached, the connection was reset"

I assure this is not the problem with the wifi bc i can play my online game from my laptop, but i just cant access any website on the internet.
Anyway my pc is running on windows 8.1 pro.

Please help! This is so frustrating :(

2 responses

in firefox 58, if you go to about:config in your browser and search for the network.proxy.proxy_over_tls entry and click it to make it false, it fixes it.
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jul 21, 2017 at 04:16 PM
You probably need to remove a proxy server from your browser. These instruction might help:

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/the-proxy-server-isnt-responding-removal/

Good Luck