Folder Lock - Portable Locker Error

Closed
GalaxyClass Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday July 18, 2017 Status Member Last seen July 19, 2017 - Jul 18, 2017 at 03:11 PM
GalaxyClass Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday July 18, 2017 Status Member Last seen July 19, 2017 - Jul 19, 2017 at 02:34 PM
Hello, recently I started using FolderLock and I wanted to password protect some files I have on my external hard drive. I created portable locker on my external hard drive, and because some of my files exceded 4GB size, I formatted virtual drive that Folder Lock creates (drive where you put into the files that you want to password protect). I formatted it from FAT32 default drive (which has max 4GB limitation) to NTFS drive which has theoretically no size limitations. Then I was able to put all of my files into the virtual drive created by portable locker on my external hard drive. But only later did I read on FolderLock website, that portable locker on USB drives is available in FAT32 version only.

What happened is that a massive amount of data that I put on external hard drive is now inaccessible to me – when I want to access it I get a message that:

Z:/is not accessible. The disk structure is corrupt or unreadable.

I’m quite sure this is the result of me formatting the external virtual drive from default FAT 32 version to NTFS version which FolderLock doesn’t support and now I want to know if there is any way to get around this error and access my data again. I can see that the virtual folder in which my files are locked down shows the size of my files (so they are not lost) but I can’t access them as I get the above mentioned error. Any help would be useful. Thanks.

P.S. Also, if something is not clear, I will offer further clarification so my problem is more understandable.
Related:

2 responses

GalaxyClass Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday July 18, 2017 Status Member Last seen July 19, 2017 1
Updated on Jul 19, 2017 at 02:37 PM
Yes, but they gave me superficial response with not too much thought put into it. They just said I should try to open my portable locker in another virtual directory (instead of Z:/ maybe X:/, Y:/ etc.), of course I tried that already without their suggestion and it doesn't work.

So I did a little bit of searching on the internet for this error, and there are few ways to deal with it, but most of them explain how to fix issue if data on your external hard drive is inaccessible or unreadable, but not if it is also locked (in addition to being inaccessible and unreadable).

So I hoped people here might have some helpful suggestion :)
Blocked Profile
Jul 18, 2017 at 04:59 PM
Have you contacted FolderLock, and what have they said?