How do I get my HP laptop out of safe mode

Closed
Stina67 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday July 20, 2017 Status Member Last seen July 20, 2017 - Updated on Jul 20, 2017 at 04:21 AM
kmi187 Posts 29 Registration date Saturday August 20, 2016 Status Member Last seen October 30, 2019 - Jul 20, 2017 at 08:03 AM
How do I get my HP laptop out of safe mode
Related:

1 response

kmi187 Posts 29 Registration date Saturday August 20, 2016 Status Member Last seen October 30, 2019 2
Updated on Jul 20, 2017 at 08:05 AM
Have you tried a complete shut down of the laptop, and then powering it on again?

If so and it is stuck in safe mode or always returns to safe mode, you can try the following.

Press the start button, bottom left, and when the menu opens start typing the following :

"msconfig" without the quotes and press enter

A window "System Configuration" will open up. On the first tab which you should see in front of you, you will see 3 options you can select with bullet points. Normal startup, Diagnostic startup and Selective startup.

Select normal startup, press apply, and then press ok. If all goes well it should ask you to reboot the computer. Do this.

If it starts up normal, great, but to make sure reboot the computer a 2nd time, just to make sure it remains booting into normal mode. If it doesn't after a few times it may indicate some other issue.

Good luck and have a nice day.

Money is just a way to keep score. The best people in any field are motivated by passion. That becomes more true the higher the skill level gets. Eric S. Raymond