Window Media Player not recognizing my portable device

Closed
lilabit Posts 1 Registration date Monday July 24, 2017 Status Member Last seen July 24, 2017 - Updated on Jul 24, 2017 at 04:32 PM
 Blocked Profile - Jul 28, 2017 at 04:25 PM
my vista laptop recognizes removable disk, but windows media player does not recognize my micro-SD adapter. How can I fix this? I'm trying to transfer music from computer to a mini mp3 disk.

Thanks so much for helping me.

I have a toshiba notebook and 64 bit operating system and windows Vista home premium. I have checked all the drivers in Device Manager and all says working properly and have the best driver available. The Window player does not show a property type?
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jul 24, 2017 at 05:19 PM
So, the laptop sees the disk? If the laptop sees it, then move the data onto the local harddrive and copy from the file manger, don't worry about media player seeing it. It only needs to play, not manage the copies!
ac3 mark

The laptop recognized the adapter only as when I tried to move data on to disk adapter, message came on to " insert a disk". The micro disk was already inserted in the adapter, so this did not help. However, I ended looking in Toshiba troubleshooting and did not know that I have a internal disk drive, hardly noticeable, and inserted a scandisk, it read it immediately, am on the right track. I now need to purchase a scandisk adapter to insert my micro-disk into and hopefully this will work. Thank you for trying to help me.
Blocked Profile
Jul 28, 2017 at 04:25 PM
Let us know if you need assistance with any of it!