Lost files!!!

Ask a question hawaiigirlnola 2Posts Tuesday July 25, 2017Registration date July 25, 2017 Last seen - Last answered on Aug 9, 2017 at 05:37 PM by ac3mark
ccm.net/faq/5347-lost-documents-and-media-files-after-system-restore'

I tried this to get lost files after a system restore or boot.
The welcome screen was freezing and I did a restore to try and help clear it up. It helped a bit but It is still freezing and not logging on quickly. And in the process. I lost all my files!

I tried the above steps and didn't have any luck.

Anyone able to help with ideas? I am in a jam and need to get access to my files. Asap

Thanks in advance!
Helpful
+1
plus moins
Hi,

To get your data back I suggest you to download Stellar Phoenix Windows data recovery – Home and connect the hard disk into another system. First, recover your data from that drive and then format it for reuse.

Was this answer helpful?  
ac3mark 7998Posts Monday June 3, 2013Registration date ModeratorStatus October 16, 2017 Last seen - Jul 27, 2017 at 04:54 PM
Cool, so we can mark this as solved?
Leave a comment
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Ok, it sounds like you are dealing with a fragged hard drive, or corrupted system files. Boot into safe mode, does it boot faster?

Reverting a fragged drive back does not help the operation, it just makes matter worse. Open up the file manager, how much free space is on the C drive? If it is less than 20% free, then you need to free up some space, defrag the drive, run chkdsk, then SFC /scannow.
hawaiigirlnola- Aug 8, 2017 at 05:39 PM
Hi,
I have plenty of space on the hard drive 399 free of 465 GB?/

Should I still do the defrag / checkdsk and SFC?
ac3mark 7998Posts Monday June 3, 2013Registration date ModeratorStatus October 16, 2017 Last seen - Aug 9, 2017 at 05:37 PM
Yes, I encourage you to defrag it....
Leave a comment

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?