Yahoo account lost password

Closed
sunchun Posts 1 Registration date Monday July 31, 2017 Status Member Last seen July 31, 2017 - Updated on Jul 31, 2017 at 05:14 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jul 31, 2017 at 05:15 AM
My father is 84 and has a yahoo account but he has lost and forgotten all access to it. 3 months ago I cleaned everything up and the yahoo saved password went away with all the temp files.

We tried guessing what he thought was his account name but it belongs to usdoj.gov so I doubt that was the same account. Basically he doesn't remember the name or password, and doesn't have a mobile phone or backup email acct.

We still have the same computer and I noticed some old financial portfolio links come up when I type in yahoo/finance however it asks for username and password. Is there a way to get the account name somewhere on the computer itself so that we can use the yahoo recovery process for the password? Thanks.
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Jul 31, 2017 at 05:15 AM
Unfortunately, if, when you created the account, you have not registered a secret question which you remember, or an alternate recovery email address or phone number to which you have access to receive a reset code, you cannot prove that you are the account's legitimate owner. Hence account recovery is absolutely impossible and there is no way around it.

Sorry