Reactivating an old AOL account they deleted

Solved
bingorood Posts 1 Registration date Monday July 31, 2017 Status Member Last seen July 31, 2017 - Updated on Dec 24, 2018 at 08:51 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jul 31, 2017 at 04:44 PM
Hi,

Is there any way to reactivate an old deleted AOL account?

It is the backup account to a Yahoo email that I need to get into very badly. I can't because I lost the password to it, and didn't realize the AOL backup account was deactivated. (I had the password loaded and never needed it until an upgrade, then it was gone and I could no longer get into it.) So I am trapped in an infinite loop and I can't believe there is no other way to access my old Yahoo account!
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,176
Updated on Jan 14, 2019 at 11:52 AM
AOL will deactivate account after 12 months of inactivity. If you used this account as recovery email for some services, you should try to create a new account with same information.

Unfortunately, if, when you created the account, you have not registered a secret question which you remember, or an alternate recovery email address or phone number to which you have access to receive a reset code, you cannot prove that you are the account's legitimate owner. Hence account recovery is absolutely impossible and there is no way around it.