I lost my phone

Closed
Martin.Mahlamvu - Updated on Aug 1, 2017 at 04:29 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Aug 1, 2017 at 05:48 PM
I lost my phone and when I tried to fix my number back (sim swap) I was told someone was now using my number with another network XXXX - this also led to my number being hacked and passwords changed all the time - gmail account/ ***@*** , this has made my life a living hell. As I still need that gmail account. Kindly assist as Iam a community leader and founder of a small organization that needs to grow and assist the community of XXXX. Please assist - my current contacts XXXXX

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,172
Aug 1, 2017 at 05:48 PM
Greetings Martin,

About your phone number, have you contacted your mobile service provider?

Concerning you Gmail account, unfortunately, if, when you created the account, you have not registered a secret question which you remember, or an alternate recovery email address or phone number to which you have access to receive a reset code, you cannot prove that you are the account's legitimate owner. Hence account recovery is absolutely impossible and there is no way around it.

There is nothing you can do if you created the account on the mobile device or number you no longer have access to.

Always create accounts on a PC or Laptop (landline IP), and then attach a mobile number to it. That way, you can have multiple ways to recover the account!