Laptop lags after rolling back from the Creators Update

Closed
u2party Posts 5 Registration date Friday January 24, 2014 Status Member Last seen August 5, 2017 - Aug 4, 2017 at 11:15 AM
 Blocked Profile - Aug 5, 2017 at 04:50 PM
I happened to install the Creators Update on my Windows 10 laptop. Unfortunately, my laptop started to lag substantially after the update. Booting took much longer than usual and no app opened without any lag. Even the start menu took some time to execute!
In the light of all these complications, I decided to roll back to the previous build, the one which I had before i.e. 1607. However, as soon as windows rolled back, I realised that my laptop wasn't as snappy as before. It continued to lag but not as much as was the case after the Creators Update. I contacted people at Microsoft Support and one of their online correspondents, while taking command of my laptop over the internet, ram some tests, generated some reports, disabled a number of programs scheduled to execute on start-up and deleted temporary files.
This had the effect of putting an end to all the lagging. But, even now, my laptop isn't as snappy as it should be. Apps still execute after some delay and the gaming experience is not the same.
Does anybody know what should I do?
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Aug 4, 2017 at 04:50 PM
Defrag your harddrive, and run SFC /scannow.
u2party Posts 5 Registration date Friday January 24, 2014 Status Member Last seen August 5, 2017
Aug 5, 2017 at 03:33 AM
The scan should be done through the command prompt, right?
Another question: what do you think might have caused all this? Why did the Creators Update trouble my system? Do you think reinstalling it will do any good?
Blocked Profile
Aug 5, 2017 at 04:50 PM
Yes, from command prompt, as admin! This happens. No biggy!