Power through computer nothing is responding

Closed
Mr_tylon - Aug 5, 2017 at 04:56 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Aug 6, 2017 at 04:17 AM
Hello,
So I've had this computer for about 3 years now, it wasn't until this year my computer has been showing it's age.
For about a month my computer has been freezing at the bios splash screen, I didn't do much about it because I didn't want to mess anything up I solved it by turning it off and on multiple times hoping it would start and it took like 4 try's everytime, but as I realized that every time I restarted my computer it freeze a lot more frequently and it took more tries to start up. And today it happened again but this time I wasn't turning on at all, so I moved my ram stick in a different port cleaned the hard drive and it still wasn't turning on, I waited an hr and did the same process again still nothing, but after frequent powering on and off my computer did not show display and non of my keyboard or mouse lights lit up, also the power button did not respond to powering off, fans are very quiet and even my gpu fans are turning but quite. I'm all out of options here and I'm not trying to really spend money (college student problems) is there anything I could do?

Specs :(this computer is pre built nothing has been added or changed except my graphics card).
Motherboard: Asus A55BM-A
Graphics card: MSI Gtx 1050
Power supply: 350w
Ram: 1 stick 8g DI1
I don't know the complete specs this is just what I can give since I can't use my computer

Related:

3 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Aug 5, 2017 at 05:10 PM
Hi

There frequent powering on and off no doubt caused some damage not only to your power supply but also to your operating system.

I suggest you consult a qualified technician to test your power supply.

What is the make and model of your machine?

3 years old is not old.
Yike, yeah I knew turning off and turning on would be a bad idea, but thank you. and what exactly do you mean by make and model sorry.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170 > Mr_tylon
Aug 5, 2017 at 05:49 PM
Make = brand like HP, Asus, etc

Or was it a homemade or did you buy a clone ?
Mr_tylon > Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023
Aug 5, 2017 at 07:20 PM
I bought it in store it's an Asus desktop
Mr_tylon Posts 1 Registration date Saturday August 5, 2017 Status Member Last seen August 5, 2017
Aug 5, 2017 at 08:58 PM
Update I tested out 3 power supplies with the same wattage as mine and I'm getting the same result like there isn't enough power going through my computer could this be a ram issue or a motherboard issue
Okay update*
So I tested out a few power supplies and I'm still getting the same result. It's like the motherboard isn't getting enough power even though it's the same power supplies that I've used for the past 3 years. Could the ram be courrupted and blocking power going through the motherboard or could this be a motherboard issue?
Please help.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Aug 6, 2017 at 04:17 AM
I doubt that the ram would have anything to do with this. Looks more like the motherboard or the hard disk.