Computer refusing to boot, monitor does not display.

Ask a question Somedudeontheinternet - Last answered on Aug 13, 2017 at 06:50 PM by Ambucias
Heyo, appears ive run into an issue regarding my monitor, my computer says its "booting" (the power button is orange) but the monitor refuses to display. The HDD light is off, though I hear it turn on, all ram chips are infact plugged in, its pretty impossible to get work done, please help.
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Is this a laptop?
Somedudeontheinternet- Aug 13, 2017 at 05:28 PM
Its a desktop pc.
Leave a comment
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Could you please try another monitor to see if you get a signal ?
Ambucias 45628Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus October 16, 2017 Last seen - Aug 13, 2017 at 06:10 PM
The temperature inside your machine does not mean that it is booting, it just means that your have power. Anyway, when a computer boots properly, it will not list all the hardware.

Try to boot in safe mode, see if you get a signal.
Somedudeontheinternet- Aug 13, 2017 at 06:12 PM
How would I boot In safe mode?
Ambucias 45628Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus October 16, 2017 Last seen - Aug 13, 2017 at 06:37 PM
What is your operating system?
Somedudeontheinternet- Aug 13, 2017 at 06:39 PM
Windows 7
Ambucias 45628Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus October 16, 2017 Last seen - Aug 13, 2017 at 06:50 PM
Immediately after the computer is powered on or restarted (usually after you hear your computer beep), tap the F8 key in 1 second intervals.

After your computer displays hardware information and runs a memory test, the Advanced Boot Options menu will appear.

Use the arrow keys to select Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking and press ENTER

I will be going offline in a couple of minutes and will not be able to continue this discussion for the next 10 hours.

If you get a signal in safe mode, we are on our way to a solution.

Catch you later.
Leave a comment

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?