Using Shazam directly on your computer is possible - this article will show you how!
Is Shazam available for PC?
First of all, you have to keep in mind that the owner of Shazam is Apple. Therefore, in theory, the tool is available only for Mac users. However, we are going to show you how to enjoy the app on Windows as well.
How to use Shazam on Mac?
Head to the Shazam website.
- Click on the Shazam logo under ‘Click to Shazam’.
- Allow permission to use the microphone.
- And done! The tool is ready to listen to the song. As soon as it recognizes it, it will display it on the screen.
How to use Shazam on Windows?
For Windows, you will have to follow those next steps:
- Add the Chrome extension User-Agent Switcher and Manager by clicking Add to Chrome:
- Open a new tab from the browser extensions icon and look for the extension that you just added:
- Click and in the window that appears select Mac OS:
- Then select any of the options from the list (in our case, we have chosen the first one):
- Click on Apply (active window).
- Using the same tab, go to the Shazam website: www.shazam.com.
- And done! Now you just have to follow the steps indicated in the Shazam section for Mac OS.
Some additional advice?
Get the right web browser
As we said above, this beta version is available for Chrome, Safari, and Firefox on macOS and Chrome OS, so the first thing you should do is to make sure you are using the appropriate browser.
Set up the microphone
Most computers have built-in microphones. Make sure yours is working.
If your computer does not have a built-in microphone, then you will need to plug in an external one.
Prepare your music
Now you can prepare your music, for example, on your smartphone - make sure the sound is clear and close to the microphone.
- How to Delete All Your Tags on Shazam
- Google reverse image search: mobile, iPhone, Android, app > Guide
- Shazam Gets "OK Google" Integration
- Apple Mulls Shazam Purchase
- EU Green-Lights Apple's Shazam Purchase
- How to celebrate christmas online: virtually, with kids
- Sustainable gifts for Christmas: apps & websites
- Tokyo Olympics: watch online, live, free
- How to unsubscribe from Badoo: Premium, email, error
- How to unsubscribe or delete your Tuenti account
- Badoo lost password: how to recover it
- Badoo sign up: download, code, in English
- Best digital Christmas gifts: for clients, for students
- Enable cookies: Safari, Chrome, Internet Explorer, iPhone
- Download videos for free: from Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin
- Install a VPN: on router, Firestick, Samsung Smart TV
- Change the font: on Instagram, Facebook post, Twitter