The travel industry struggled in 2020-2021 due to the global pandemic, and the various uncertainties surrounding international travel during this time. Many holiday companies are trying to offer incentives, such as considerable discounts, flexible dates, and free cancellations (just in case the pandemic worsens) to purchase flights and holiday packages for 2021. If you're feeling lucky, now could be a good time to pick up some cheap deals on flights in 2022.
Websites such as Skyscanner, Kayak, and others allow you to compare prices, and destinations and keep up to date with the best offers to ensure you get the best deal. We will show you a few tricks and tips that will help you find the cheapest flights, wherever you want to go!
How to buy the ticket at the right time?
Date and time of purchase
The first thing you should know is that air ticket prices fluctuate a lot, depending on the time and day of the week, as well as the demand at the time.
That is why we recommend that you choose the right time to buy your ticket. It is better during the week since at the weekend people have more free time and there is more demand. In particular, the best offers usually appear at the beginning of the week, on Monday or Tuesday, and if you want to be more specific, it seems that around 3 pm the prices are even lower.
Plan in advance
Depending on where you want to travel, you may want to buy your tickets in advance. If you are going to make a short trip, either nationally or within the same continent, we recommend that you buy your ticket about two months in advance. Before that, the prices will be higher.
In the case of a transatlantic flight, things are different: you would need to book at least four months before you travel and, ideally, up to seven months in advance.
Why it's better to be flexible with dates?
Although we are aware that free time is scarce, the best solution to travel cheaply is to be flexible with our travel dates. In most search engines, there is the option to choose open dates. This way, the search engine will show you the days when the return tickets are cheaper within the range that you have set.
On the other hand, we recommend that you avoid traveling during peak season dates, both at the destination and in the country you are buying your ticket. In other words, try to avoid traveling during the summer and Christmas, for example, as this is when there will be more demand and therefore tickets will be more expensive.
How to travel light and be open-minded?
Thanks to a number of low-cost companies, today we can enjoy very cheap flights but of course, prices increase when we want to carry suitcases full of clothes and other belongings. If you want to save money, avoid checking in and travel only with hand luggage. Especially if you are traveling to cheap destinations, it may be cheaper to buy certain products once you land.
On the other hand, we wanted to talk to you about stopovers. If you are willing to add stopovers, of either several hours or even days, you can break up your flight into multiple flights. With these extended stops, you could save considerable amounts of money by allowing stopovers and taking advantage of the change of plane to see cities that you would not have considered visiting. To make this type of stopover, go to the flight time filter in the search engine and enter the maximum number of hours. However, make sure that the country where you are making a stopover allows you to enter without a visa or to get one at the same airport.
Finally, how about being flexible with your destination and letting an algorithm choose for you? In the current search engines you can indicate the dates you are interested in and the algorithm will find you the destinations with the best prices. Think of this option as the modern version of closing your eyes and putting your finger on any place in the world.
How to be smart with online shopping?
Like most websites, flight browsers work with cookies, that is, they save data about your visit, so they know if you have entered before and therefore if you are interested in flying with them. They then use that information to charge you for the most expensive ticket. We, therefore, recommend that you enter your browsing history and delete your cookies, or that you browse in incognito mode. That way, it will be as if you were entering your browser for the first time and the tickets will be cheaper.
Be quick with your purchases
As we have explained before, the prices of plane tickets can change a lot in the space of a few minutes. So, if you see a ticket for a very good price or find a real bargain, do not hesitate and buy it: the opportunity may be fleeting.
We know that receiving business newsletters in your emails is a hassle. However, in the case of airlines, it might be more useful than you think. When an airline opens a new route, it usually puts the first tickets at very low prices. That would be your time to buy.
On the other hand, there are also price alerts from the flight search engines. Sign up and you will receive an email when the ticket to your desired destination decreases in price.
We hope that our recommendations have been useful to you. And remember that you can find more tips on our website on how to travel cheaply using search engines such as Google Flights.
- Google earth flight simulator > Guide
- Amazon Bans Cheap, Faulty USB-C Cables
- Cheap Routers Behind $80M Bank Hack
- Google Flights Gets Fare Hike Alerts
- Google Unveils Cheap Data Storage Plans
- Shazam on computer: how to use it
- How to use TinyWeb Server on Windows?
- Everything you need to know cryptocurrency
- Adjust webpage to fit all screen resolutions
- How to help Ukraine: refugees, donate, support, now
- Install a VPN: on router, Firestick, Samsung Smart TV
- How to celebrate christmas online: virtually, with kids
- Create a custom Bitly URL
- Download videos for free: from Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin
- Winter Olympics 2022: schedule, sports, where to watch
- What is a NFT: meaning, crypto, marketplace
- How to make redirect in PHP?
- Badoo lost password: how to recover it
- How to declutter your digital life?
- Brief history of cryptocurrency: timeline
- Badoo sign up: download, code, in English
- Return products and get refund on Flipkart
- Connect Jio phone's internet to PC: via hotspot, USB
- Change the font: on Instagram, Facebook post, Twitter
- Translate text with DeepL: online, for free
- Switch language on your website: via html, automatically
- Enable cookies: Safari, Chrome, Internet Explorer, iPhone
- Find car owner's details with license plate in India
- How to view and change my IP address: Windows, Linux, Mac
- How to start trading stocks online: for beginners
- Fact checking and verification on the Internet
- Best digital Christmas gifts: for clients, for students
- Tokyo Olympics: watch online, live, free
- The best crypto exchange apps
- What is Messenger Rooms
- Update your email address on your Aadhaar card online
- Sustainable gifts for Christmas: apps & websites
- Most famous robots in movies
- Best online learning platforms: for adults, kids, free
- Who to call if you have Coronavirus symptoms: UK, US
- Improve video calls: quality, lighting
- How to unsubscribe or delete your Tuenti account
- Pet adoption: websites and apps
- Things to do at home: online, with friends, by yourself
- How to set up e-commerce website: online, free
- Virtual birthday party: ideas for kids, adults, games, etc.
- What is 5G technology and how it works?
- How to close a Paypal account
- What does Bomboclaat mean