Whether you don't use Amazon as much anymore or you don't support their working policy or environmental impact, it is your right to delete permanently your associated account. So can you delete an Amazon account? As always, CCM comes to the rescue: in this article, we discuss two different ways to get rid of your Amazon account forever.
How to close your Amazon account?
There is an official procedure to close your account. To do so, you need to follow these steps:
The first thing to do is to make sure you want to permanently close your account: once you do so, you cannot recover it. This will delete all your associated data.
Once your decision is made, go to the official closure page. You can review all the services associated with your account.
Next, scroll down to the bottom of the list. If you want, you can choose a reason for closing your account. To do so, enable the list and select the corresponding reason. You can also skip this step.
Now, click on the empty square next to Yes, I want to permanently close my Amazon Account and delete my data. After that, select the Close My Account box.
After that, check your email to see if you have a message, asking for your confirmation - don’t forget to check your Spam folder. If you find an email, then confirm it.
If you have multiple accounts, you will have to repeat those steps for every account.
What is the alternative procedure?
As many other websites, Amazon’s interface may change with time, resulting in a change of the closure procedure. If this happens, the best way possible is to contact Amazon’s customer support. Here’s how to do so (May 2021):
Go to the official website and log in to the account you want to delete.
Next, at the upper right corner click on your account name and then select Account.
Now, scroll down to Browse Help Topics. Select Need More Help? and after that, choose Contact Us.
A new page will open. Select Start chatting now.
This way, you will be able to request directly the closure of your account. Don’t forget to be polite to employees: they are not responsible for Amazon’s marketing strategies and management practices.
- How to delete amazon account
- How do i delete my amazon account
- Amazon delete account
- Delete whatsapp account without phone > Guide
- Badoo delete blocked account > Guide
- Delete hotmail account > Guide
- Does skype delete inactive accounts > Forum - Skype
- Clear suggestions on Instagram: users, pages, searches > Guide
- Smart medical gadgets for home
- Best phones for photography: 2022
- Top iPhone accessories: 2022, gifts, for filming
- The best high-tech beauty gadgets
- Top smart home gadgets of 2022
- Samsung Galaxy S22 or iPhone 13: Which one to buy?
- Amazon Prime Day 2: Prime Early Access Sale date, best deals
- Black Friday vs. Cyber Monday in 2022: when to buy?
- Best phone battery life (2022)
- Black Friday 2022 best deals: Best Buy, Amazon, Apple
- The best wireless headphones: earbuds, earphones
- Return products and get refund on Flipkart
- Shop on Black Friday like a pro: tips for 2022 deals
- Best tech gifts for Christmas: for any budget
- Top Black Friday early deals (2022): Best Buy, Amazon
- Best deals for Black Friday at Walmart
- Pick the right TV: for home, gaming, LCD, LED
- Best smart gadgets to exercise at home
- How to buy a refurbished iPhone: from Apple, Back market
- The best screen resolution: for gaming, for TV, for eyes
- Best gadgets for working from home
- DIY Christmas gifts: 2022, for family, for kids, coworkers
- Top wireless chargers: for Android, iPhone
- Best budget gaming chairs (2022)
- The best pet gadgets of 2022
- Sleeping gadgets: for adults, babies
- Best wireless controllers: for PC, Switch, Xbox, PlayStation