Advantages of a wireless network
A wireless network makes it possible to connect several devices or several computers in a network, without the use of wires. Thanks to wireless technologies, it is possible to access shared resources, particularly the internet, from several different locations: this is called "mobility".
WiFi technology (also called 802.11) is the most widely used wireless local area network technology. This technology makes it possible to connect computers over a distance of approximately three hundred feet at a shared speed ranging from a dozen Megabits per second (Mbps) to several dozen Mpbs.
WiFi technology offers two operating modes:
- "Ad hoc" mode, a peer-to-peer mode making it possible to connect two computers equipped with wireless adapters to one another;
- "Infrastructure" mode, making it possible to connect computers to a wired network using a device called an "access point", sometimes abbreviated AP.
- Configuring a wireless network
- Configuring wireless network ✓ - Forum - WiFi
- "Wireless Network Connect" doesn't have a valid IP configureation ✓ - Forum - Internet/Social Networks
- Risks of wireless networks - Articles
- Qualcomm atheros qca9377 wireless network adapter ✓ - Forum - WiFi
- Nature and function of wifi or wireless network - Guide