The term "Employee Relationship Management" (acronym ERM), translate as "management of the relationship with the employees" refers to the use of technologies in the management of human resources. This concept is based on client relationship management, with the employee at its center.
This involves implementing a dedicated information system for the management of human resources (generally referred to as HRIS), which makes it possible to cover all problems that are related with the relationship between a company and its employees, in particular:
- Training, i.e. the preparation of an overall training plan of the company which makes it possible to handle a catalog of compulsory or optional internships, requests by employees, and tracking of training actions;
- Pay, to prepare a statement of payments and mailing of salary bulletins;
- Recruiting, in particular follow-up on recruiting interviews and new recruits;
- Competence and career management, consisting in the implementation of a competence reference standard which permits improved management of jobs within the enterprise and in-house transfers. The goal is to value human assets by prioritizing the competences, knowledge, and know-how of the employees;
- Time management, i.e. the management and quantification of the activity of the employees of the company, in particular with a view to compliance with existing laws (reduction of working hours, payment of overtime, accounting of vacation, work breaks and absences);
- Internal communication, which permits sensitization and transversal information, which makes it possible to break the isolation of the different sectors of the enterprise.