An application gateway is a hardware/software system for connecting two networks together, in order to serve as an interface between different network protocols.
When a remote user contacts the gateway, it examines his/her request; if that request corresponds to the rules that the network administrator has set, the gateway creates a link between the two networks. The information, therefore, is not directly transmitted; rather, it is translated in order to ensure continuity between the two protocols.
Besides an interface between two different kinds of networks, this system offers additional security, as all information is carefully inspected (which may cause a delay) and is sometimes recorded in an event log.
- Acer gateway ne46rs1 bluetooth driver - Forum - Windows
- Gateway computer won't boot black screen - How-To - Monitor
- Unable to find tally gateway server error code 0 - Forum - Network
- Gateway factory reset - How-To - Laptop computer
- How to reset a gateway laptop without turning it on ✓ - Forum - Windows