A spreadsheet software (or spreadsheet program) is a software that permits numerical data to be used and to perform automatic calculations on numbers contained in a table. It is also possible to automate complex calculations by using a large number of parameters and by creating tables called worksheets.
Spreadsheets can also easily produce graphic representations of the entered data:
- Sector charts.
Therefore, the spreadsheet is a multi-use tool that works as well for
secretarial activities that involve organizing large quantities of
data, as at the strategic and decisional level by creating graphical
representation of synthesised information.
The Main Spreadsheets
Numerous spreadsheets have been produced by the main software companies. The main spreadsheets are:
- Microsoft Excel, in the Microsoft Office office suite.
- Sun StarOffice Calc, in the StarOffice suite.
- OpenCalc, in the OpenOffice suite.
- IBM/Lotus 1-2-3 in the SmartSuite suite.
- Corel Quattro Pro in the WordPerfect suite.
- KSpread in the KOffice free suite from Linux.
Examples in the present article are based on the Microsoft Excel spreadsheet, but the other spreadsheets contain the same functionalities.
- Concept of spreadsheet
- Spreadsheet concepts - Best answers
- Spreadsheet concept - Best answers
- Transfer data from one excel worksheet to another automatically - How-To - Excel
- How to change date format in excel to dd/mm/yyyy - How-To - Excel
- Excel @ in formula ✓ - Forum - Excel
- How to change author name in excel - How-To - Excel
- Compare two worksheets and paste differences to another sheet - excel vba free download ✓ - Forum - Excel