The origin of the change is linked to the realization of a gap between an organization's goals and
the means of achieving those goals, i.e. the business operation.
The following are those factors
that lead to this realization:
- Technological development: the company realizes its operations are inadequate in relation to the current technological
- Change in strategy: the company refocuses or expands its core business due to market constraints,
competition or shareholders.
- Change in culture: the company realizes there is a shift or evolution in values and business culture.
- Regulatory constraints: the company must adapt to current legislation.
- Structural constraints: the company structure does not adapt to the environment.