3D modeling and animation have never been easy to master. K-3D
is an animation and modeling software that has been developed by K-3D.org and offering several traditional features.
- Modeling: this is the process of developing a mathematical representation of any 3D surface of object (either inanimate or living) via specialized software. K-3D’s modeling is based on standard forms such as circles, cylinders, cones, etc.
- Animation: concerning animation, it allows to use several channels and Beziers curves (linear Beziers curves, quadratic Beziers curves and cubic Beziers curves). It specifies the velocity over time of an object.
- RenderMan Interface Specification: this feature sets K-3D apart from other software. It allows describing three-dimensional scenes so as to turn them into digital photorealistic images. It is also using high-level geometric primitives such as quadrics or bicubic patches in order to specify geometric primitives implicitly.
- This is entirely free.
- K-3D is combining flexible plug-ins with visualization pipeline architecture.
- This is not very easy for beginners.
Latest update on October 25, 2012 at 09:29 AM.