We always need a dictionary to know the exact definition of a word. Previously, we had to have big books, but with technology, they can be replaced by other tools such as XTerm Medical Dictionary.
- Medical information: XTerm Medical Dictionary is specially known as a dictionary for medical terms. It has a database that is updated automatically twice a month. Users have the choice of two downloads: update and patch.
- Search option: an integrated search engine allows users to find the exact definition of a term. Pictures, drawings or other illustrations can exemplify the definitions to help understanding. A window on the left provides quick access to a definition of the same kind.
- Words: we can find in the database abbreviations, acronyms, eponyms and more. There is also information on drugs, units of measure, and other tools.
- Enhancement: in case of misspelling, this a software automatically displays the word most similar. You can also use logical operators to add more terms. This option is quite useful since medical terms are not always easy.
- Operating system: Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows Seven.
- Processor: Pentium 4 1.5 Ghz minimum.
- Required disk space: 8 MB.
- RAM: 512 MB
- XTerm Medical Dictionary is complete.
- It has an intuitive and user-friendly graphical interface.
- It is downloadable free of charge.
- It is not available in other languages.