Renoise is just an amazing, professional, complete, and reliable digital audio workstation. The active growing community and all the online resources will help you to make quick progress and be in control of every aspect and parameter of your instruments and final creation.
Renoise is a digital audio workstation that allows you to record, compose, edit, mix audio, and lots more using a tracker-based system. Renoise is available on PC, Mac, and Linux. Renoise’s tracker system and Renoise Redux are known to be strong professional suites in the composers’ community. This is the Renoise PC download page.
What is Renoise and Renoise Tracker?
Renoise is a digital audio workstation designed on the basis of tracker systems. In this program, music runs from top to bottom, in a grid known as an pattern. These patterns can be ordered in any way and you can edit all the sounds, effects, notes, and instruments within them to create tracks.
- Efficient, keyboard-oriented: Renoise can take advantage of all the available cores to improve performance so that you can always add more instruments and heavier effects. Renoise is also optimized for the keyboard to make you more efficient, you will be able to control everything from the keyboard and reassign any mapping if you want to.
- Organized and handy interfaces: Renoise interfaces are designed to keep everything as organized and easy to read as possible, there are no more annoying floating windows and every widget stays where it belongs.
- Sampler: Renoise has a built-in sampler feature that allows you to edit and audition directly from the editor.
- Pattern matrix: Renoise helps you easily see the overall view of the tracks and pattern in your song with the Pattern matrix view. Blocks and patterns are divided into blocks, they can be moved, copied, and pasted to help you easily manage the flow.
- Automation: Work fast, work cleverly, Renoise empowers you with the graphical automation envelopes that allow you to easily control parameters to give more depth and variety to your creations.
- Plug-in, scripts, and add-ons: If you are fluent with the Lua programming language, you can extend and customize the Renoise application by writing scripts. Also, you can easily add lots of available plugins as it supports DSSI, VST, LADSPA, and AU. Last but not least, the community is active so you can take advantage of lots of various add-on tools created by the community’s members. Customize Renoise to your needs.
- Easy import and export: Renoise allows you to import and export multiple audio file formats such as .aiff, .wav, .wma or .mp3.
- More than 26 native effects included: Renoise has all you need to start any production from reverb, filter, compressors, delay, flanger, EQ, distortion, to phaser, and more by default.
- Multi channel I/O, and MIDI: Renoise fully supports multiple hardware channels that go in and out in real-time. Of course, Renoise fully supports JACK leading audio interconnection technology and you can even connect Renoise to various plug-in instruments and hardware synths in either master or slave mods to send and receive notes and controller changes.
- Meta devices: Meta devices like LFO, Meta Mixer, Signal Follower, and more, lets you control or modulate devices parameters instead of directly manipulating audio. You can even link devices between tracks, so many design possibilities await you.
- Open Sound Control: With the OSC protocol you can control and interact with Renoise programmatically by configuring Renoise as a server and sending it OSC commands, you can also turn it into a client.
- Graphically analyze your mix: Renoise has a customizable built-in spectrum analyzer that helps you locate problem areas in your masterpiece.
- Flexible mixer and routing: Renoise has its own mixer implementation replacing the traditional one, it can also be used to manage the DSP chains. The application also has a flexible routing system that allows you to Master and Send tracks pave the way, no matter if you route one or 50 channels you will be able to route them to a Send track full of effects without any problem.
How to use Renoise?
There are plenty of resources and tutorials on the web to help you learn using Renoise such as a dedicated Youtube’s Renoise channel. You can also seek for help on Renoise Forum
Is Renoise free?
It is possible to download the demo version of Renoise and use it with some restrictions. Renoise price starts at $75.00 and can be purchased from the Renoise’s website.
Is Renoise safe?
OS: 64bit Windows 7, 8 or 10.
CPU: Intel or AMD
Memory: 2 GB RAM.
- Storage: 2 GB of available space.
If you seek alternatives you can also try FL Studio.