Finding specific files in your hard drives can take time unless you exactly know where you have stored them. Of course, you can always use Windows search tool but you should know that there are now intended application for that such as Copernic Desktop Search.
Key features :
- Search engine: Copernic Desktop Search works as a search engine. It is able to find folder, any documents, messages, joined file or any file that has been saved in your computer. What makes it different from windows search tool is the speed of finding results.
- Results managing : it does not only manage to find files but also displays and sorts results according to their categories for you to quickly know what kind of files match with the keywords you have entered.
- Automatic correction: for you to save time, a spell-checking tool is included meant to correct keywords for finding the right files. Copernic Desktop Search makes sure you do not type wrong word, gives you the correction and gives you the choice whether you will use it or not.
- Indexing: Copernic Desktop Search’s principle mainly lays on its ability to index all your files, making their search done in a blink of eyes. And moreover you can set this software to be your default search tool.
- Operating system: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Required drive space: 10 Mb.
- It is a free program.
- It is complete and fully featured and customizable.
- Nothing special to report.